Our mill is built 1589 from a citizen of Mainz, who sold it to a nobleman in 1593. The property stayed in their possessions until the end of the French revolution. That enabled the miller family Schmitt to buy the mill in 1804. They kept the belonging until 1866, where the family got insolvent through the industrialization. Michael Krayer, the owner of the neighboring mill took the chance to buy the property at an auction. Since then, the family Krayer lived and worked continuously in the mill - 2016, 150 years!